SENIOR OFFICER –MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
The main responsibility of the job holder will be to assist the Head of Marketing and Corporate affairs in directing the department towards achieving marketing and product objectives as per the Marketing Department Strategy.
- Participate in developing plans for Marketing, PR, Product Development and Customer Experience disciplines.
- Support in execution of Marketing and Customer Experience strategy into the overall business strategy of the Bank.
- Help prepare monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the Marketing department.
- Support in monitoring and reporting on team goals.
- Support in designing branding, positioning and pricing strategies.
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share.
- Support implements brand awareness initiatives to achieve targeted metric levels for the Bank.
- Support implement Customer Retention strategies and support increase the barriers to exit.
- Support implementation of an agile Customer Relationship Management System.
- Ensure Operational Risk standards for the Marketing and Customer Experience teams are adhered to.
- Suggest areas for process improvement and to support functional effectiveness and improve operational efficiencies.
- Uphold teamwork between marketing and customer experience teams.
- Undertake copywriting and proof reading of marketing materials, social media posts, internal and external communications and other publications.
- Supervise social media management to ensure adverts are posted on time and social media queries are addressed sufficiently and in good time.
- Handling Public Relations and Campaigns with mainstream media and coordinated with relevant departments or units.
- Prepare necessary weekly and monthly reports for internal and any external consumption.
- Planning campaigns such as LIPA Na MPESA, Collection campaign, Radio activations.
- Grow our social media following.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Strict adherence and compliance to AML guidelines of the Bank.
- Developing and continuously reviewing product guidelines and internal operational policies ensuring all products are compliant.
- Continuously review CBK prudential guidelines and Customer Protection Act ensuring the products offered are compliant.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution in Communication, Marketing or a business-related field
- CIM qualification is an added advantage
- Over 3-4 years’ experience in communications, marketing or communication function in an established organization
- Understanding of the requisite legal framework, in particular the Banking Act, Microfinance Act and Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) prudential guidelines and clearing procedures.
- High level of professionalism.
- Computer skills: Adept in use of Ms Word, Excel, Access, Power-Point, Internet and email.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and CV to email@example.com quoting the position applied for on the e-mail subject on or before 26th November 2023 at 5:00pm.
Note: “Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted”